What would you bring on a vegan road trip?
I've never been on a road trip, but I know good snack foods. I decided to put a few of my favourite snacks into one waffle, a nice portable way to carry your favourite snacks!
I chose: Peanut Butter, Peanut butter stuffed pretzel bites, salted almonds, granola, chocolate.
They all sound pretty good together right?
Road Trip Waffles
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- handful of granola
- handful of salted almonds
- 5-6 pretzel bites, chopped
- 3 squares of chocolate, chopped
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup soya milk
- splash of vanilla extract.
- Heat up the waffle iron. Mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder granola, almonds, pretzel and chocolate.
- In a small bowl mix together the peanut butter and oil until smooth. Add to the flour mixture with the soy milk and a splash of vanilla. Mix until combined
- Use a 1/3 cup to scoop the mixture into the iron, cook according to your machines instructions
Makes 4 waffles