I was feeling a little bit experimental yesterday when I made this dish so the measurements aren't very precise. I thought I'd post it up anyway, it can easily be altered to your individual tastes.
This was really quick and easy. I would definitely keep mushrooms in because they taste great with the mustardy sauce but feel free to use whatever veg you want. I have a feeling this would be great with chopped vegan sausage too!
It also doesn't have to be used for pasta. This would taste great on top of mashed potato I reckon. Anyway, go crazy with it, I loved it. Add more/less mustard depending on your tastes, I kept adding some and tasting before adding more.
Mushroom Mustard Pasta
- 1 handful of mushrooms, chopped
- 1 handful of broccoli, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped finely
- A few 'chick'n' nuggets chopped (this is totally optional, I only chucked them in because they were lying around)
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1-2 tbsp dijon mustard
- Splash of soy milk
- 1-2 tbsp soy yoghurt (optional)
- Squeeze of agave nectar (or maple syrup/sugar)
- Salt and Pepper
- Enough pasta for 2
- Fry the onion, broccoli and mushrooms in some oil until nice and soft. Add the garlic and fry for a few more minutes
- Add the mustard, agave, soy milk and yoghurt and cook through. Add a wee splash of water if you need to.
- Add flour until the sauce is as thick as you want it to be
- Season with salt and pepper and stir into cooked pasta