Classic pudding here. I like it best served with vanilla Swedish Glace or custard. Plums were on offer at a pound yesterday so I thought it was time to whip out my baking dish and make...
Plum a la Crumb!
(or plum crumble to boring people)
- 4 tbsp brown sugar
- 3 tbsp water
- 500g plums, with the pip taken out and sliced thinly
- Tinned apricots, sliced (entirely optional, I only used them because they were lying around)
- 75g plain flour
- 25g oats
- 50g chopped cashew nuts (optional but they make it so nice and crunchy!)
- 50g brown sugar
- 50g soya butter
- Put the sugar, water and plums in a pan and cook until nice and soft
- While the plums are cooking, put the flour, oats, cashews, sugar and butter into a bowl and rub the butter into the mixture with your fingers, until it's nice and crumbly.
- When the fruit is cooked, pour into a large oven proof dish. Sprinkle sliced apricots on top if you're using them and then top with the crumble mixture
- Heat the oven to 180C and bake for 30 minutes
- Serve on its own or with custard/ice cream/whatever you fancy