Ohmygosh, this stuff is freakishly like the real thing. I tried some at the Brighton Vegan Fayre, loved it but was unsure how to use it. It's taken me months to find the stuff, but I finally managed to grab some in Holland and Barretts in Uxbridge and also came across it at the weekend in Whole Foods (so I got more...obviously!)
Anyway, I made pitta pizzas with it and also a tasty pasta recipe that is on the Redwoods website (made a few wee adjustments), so here they are..with photos!
- Pitta Bread
- Tomato puree
- Veggies of your choice: I used mushrooms, leek and peppers)
- Garlic, finely chopped
- Cheatin' Chorizo
- Very simple. Heat the oven to 200C
- Spread the tomato puree onto the pitta breads
- Fry up the veggies with the garlic, put on the pitta breads, top with chorizo and then cook in the oven for 10 minutes
l like to make big batches of these and freeze them for when I'm short on time and need something quick. I tried these again and added some tofutti cream cheese on top, which was ace. I've also done these with sheese on top too
Chorizo and Butter Bean Pasta
- Enough pasta for 2
- 1/2-3/4 pack cheatin' chorizo
- 1 small tin of butter beans, drained
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 handful of Parsley, chopped
- Cook the pasta
- While the pasta is cooking, heat up the olive oil and fry the garlic and chorizo together for 2 minutes. Add the lemon, butter beans, salt, pepper and parsley and set to one side.
- Drain the pasta and stir through the butter bean and chorizo mixture
Definitely reccommend trying this stuff.