Spicy Thai Soup
This is a recipe I have adjusted from Please Don't Feed The Bears, which is a must buy for everyone. You can change so many things to suit your own tastes, which is why I love it so much. It also tastes like one of Wagamama's noodle soups and I looove Wagamama!
- 1 red onion
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- 1-2 tsp of minced or finely chopped ginger
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 1/2 a pint of coconut milk
- 1/2 pint of vegetable stock
- splash of soy sauce
- splash of lemon juice
- splash of hot pepper sauce (I use Encona hot pepper sauce but you could use Tabasco or something similar)
- a few handfuls of spinach
- Heat some oil in a large pan before adding the onion, garlic, ginger and chilli. Fry for a few minutes until soft
- Add the coconut milk, vegetable stock, soy sauce, lemon juice, hot pepper sauce and spinach. Stir and simmer for 5-10 minutes
- Serve with rice, noodles or it's even great on it's own
I love to make this soup extra hot, especially when I have a runny nose, but you can adjust the spice to fit your tastes. Adding a chilli is optional but I find that the hot pepper sauce makes the soup nice and sweet so I'd definitely keep that in. You can try it with extra vegetables and it's great with rice noodles.