Whipped this up before the Britains Got Talent results last night. Quick, easy, cheap and delicious!
- 1 1/2 cups brown rice
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, minced (optional)
- 1 pepper, chopped
- 1 tin of chickpeas
- 1 cup of peas
- 4 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp oil
- sprinkle of chinese five spice
- squirt of agave nectar
- Cook the rice according to instructions on the packet
- While the rice is cooking, chop the onion and pepper
- Drain the rice and rinse under a cold tap until cold.
- Heat the oil in a wok and fry the onion, pepper and garlic for a few minutes, until soft.
- Add the rice, chickpeas, peas, hoisin sauce and soy sauce. Stir and fry for 7-10 minutes.
- Sprinkle chinese five spice over and some agave nectar. Fry for a few more minutes and then serve.
This was a really great meal. I'm tempted to have it for both lunch and dinner today :D