I thought I'd do another update before I move so that I'm not going weeks without posting anything. I made these bean burgers out of all the leftover things I have in the kitchen that I want finished before I go. They got the stamp of approval from my omni housemate so they must be pretty good.
This recipe made 14 decent sized burgers but it's really easy to halve it if you don't want to make so many.
- 2 Medium red onions, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 2 tins of kidney beans, drained and mashed
- 2 tbsp each of soy sauce, dijon mustard and tomato ketchup
- 150g oats
- Heat some oil in a frying pan and fry the onions and garlic until soft.
- Add the carrot and spices and fry for another few minutes
- Add this mixture to the mashed beans. Also add the soy sauce, mustard, ketchup and oats. Stir until properly combined. Add more oats if the mixture doesn't hold together.
- Shape the mixture into patties and fry for a few minutes on each side until crisp and brown.
I had mine with some pasta, but they pretty much go with anything.
Hopefully I will get time to do a post in the next week or so. I will be back on track soon, I promise!