Already this stuff is working its magic, I don't even need to set an alarm to wake up anymore! Leave the Scanbran to work overnight and you'll be rushing to the loo by 9am!
The only problem is that it's not the most enjoyable thing to eat, it's hard, dry and tastes a bit like cardboard. I don't have much of a problem with it, but the moment it's mentioned at group the whole room is filled with moans of disgust and fear.
To make my life, and possibly a few others, easier I decided to make myself a delicious spread that would make these easier to eat. So here we are:
Carrot and Lentil Spread
- 100g red lentils
- 500ml water
- 2 small onions, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 large carrot, grated
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 tsp bouillion or 1 veggie stock cube
- Fry Light*
- Put the lentils and water in a pan and bring to the boil. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the carrot and stock to the lentils. Cook for a further ten minutes or so.
- Meanwhile, coat a pan with a light spraying of Fry Light, and fry the onions and garlic until soft and brown.
- Add the onion and garlic to the lentil mixture, stir into the lentils and add the lemon juice. I also find a fair bit of black pepper and a wee bit of salt is good at this point too. Leave to cool for 20 minutes or so before refrigerating for an hour and a half - two hours.
*Fry Light is another magic ingredient that SW uses frequently. It's a 1 cal cooking spray. Feel free to replace with a light drizzle of olive oil.
I put the spread on the Scanbran and topped with sliced cherry tomatoes. Delicious!