As everyone in the UK knows, it's been snowing a lot. I've been stuck in the flat for the last few days and I just cannot stop eating. I dunno what it is about this weather but it's turned me into some kind of binge eating beast. I had a baaad day food wise yesterday and wanted to cut down on my syns today. I also fancied chocolate. So this how I ended up making todays marvellous recipe.
Chocolate Rice Pudding
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder (9 syns)
- 1 litre soy milk (Healthy Extra A)
- 50g sweetener (or 100g sugar if you want the full fat version)
- 125g pudding rice
- splash of vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 150C. Grab a large mixing bowl and put the cocoa powder in there with 4 tbsp of boiling water. Whisk.
- Gradually add the soy milk and whisk it up some more
- Add the vanilla and sweetener/sugar....whisk
- Add the rice...and you got it. Whisk whisk whisk.
- Pour the mixture into a greased oven proof dish (I sprayed some fry light into mine so I didn't have to syn any butter/oil)
- Bake in the oven for 1 hour 45 minutes, stirring every 15-20 minutes to stop the skin that forms on top from burning.
So the recipe for this is supposed to serve 4, but they are 4 massive portions. I had the full portion though, it was bloody laaavely and I couldn't help myself. The full portion gave me 1 healthy A extra and was 2.25 syns. I added a strawberry soy yogurt to it (another 2 syns) and it was really good. That was just me being a bit of an obscene greedy cow though. OBSCENE.