- 1 carton of creamed tomatoes (passata)
- 1-2 red chillies, chopped finely
- 1 onion, chopped finely
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 200ml veggie stock
- salt and pepper
- Fry Light/Olive oil
- Enough pasta for 4
- Oil and heat up a pan. Chuck in the onion, garlic and chilli and fry until soft (4-5 minutes)
- Add the veggie stock, creamed tomatoes, salt and pepper. Bring to the boil.
- Simmer the sauce for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta and any other veggies you might want with it. When the pasta is done, stir in the sauce and serve!
I stirred in grilled mushrooms and chopped up sausage with mine. It was NOM. I apologise for the crappy photo, I was hungry, it was steaming and I got impatient.
This recipe is called Jammy Pasta because the sauce goes really thick, sweet and jam like. It's awesome!
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2-3 tsp sweetener/brown sugar
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- Fry Light/Oil
- Heat a pan up with fry light or oil. Chuck in the onion and garlic and fry for 5 minutes or so.
- Add sweetener/sugar to the onions and continue until the onions begin to caramelize.
- Splash in the balsamic vinegar, heat through for a few minutes before adding the chopped tomatoes.
- Simmer for 20-25 minutes before stirring into cooked pasta.
I have to confess that this does taste better when using real sugar, but for now sweetener will do. I topped mine with one of Redwoods new cheezly flavours, Pepperjack style. It probably would have been better if I'd chucked it in the oven to melt for a bit, but like I say, these are pasta recipes for the lazy.
The new cheezly was pretty nice but I'll do a wee review of that later this week, I have loads of new products I've tried that I want to blog about.