I know on SW you're supposed to syn fruit if you cook, mash or puree it on the basis that you'd eat less if you ate it raw than if you cook it blah blah...but this recipe only uses 2 large apples and it serves 6, so I aint synning it. If you do want to syn it, it works out as 5 syns for the whole lot.
Apple and Butterbean Stew
- 500g butterbeans, dried
- 4 small onions, sliced
- 2 large apples, cored and chopped
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp allspice
- 2 tsp boullion powder/stock cube
- Large handful of fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt and Pepper
- Fry Light
- Soak the butterbeans in a large pan of water overnight. Drain and cook in fresh water for 45 minutes or so. Drain and put to one side until you're ready to use them.
- Spray a large pan with Fry Light, heat it up and fry the onions for 5 minutes or so.
- Add the apples and cook for a further 5 minutes
- Add the spices and stock and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the butterbeans and enough water to cover everything. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Season with salt, pepper and fresh parsley.
I had mine with some falafel in wholemeal pitta. NOM.