On the scale of worthiness, this is way above merely grating a courgette. That was child's play. This is the kind of dish that could be served up alongside coleslaw scattered with chopped up apples/raisins and washed down with an ice cold glass of hemp milk. But, because it was far too worthy to serve up with cheap, own brand garlic bread and because I hate surprise raisins in my food and because I gag at the very thought of hemp milk, I just had it by itself. Go me!
This is incredibly quick and easy to make. Put the worthiness aside, keep the raisins at bay and give it a go.
Creamy Avocado Pasta
- Enough pasta for 2
- 1 medium ripe avocado
- a large handful of basil
- a generous splash of lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 large tomato, deseeded and chopped
- Start cooking the pasta
- In a jug/bowl/food processor/whatever, blitz the avocado, basil, lemon juice, garlic and olive oil until smooth.
- Stir in the chopped tomatoes and season
- When the pasta has cooked, stir into the sauce and then serve